Priceless Giving Ideas:
- Write: Write a poem or write a short story about your favorite time with that person.
- Picture Collage: Put together a computerized picture collage if you are good with technology. Send them an electronic copy saying how much you enjoy the memories you have shared and looking forward to making more memories.
- Act of Service: Create a booklet of free passes in which you do a task for another person. For your immediate family you can give them a free pass by taking out the trash, cooking a meal, giving them a massage, or simply making their bed. For friends, offer to help them with tasks they don’t enjoy such as one day of purging their junk closet or babysitting so they can have free time.
- Heart Fillers: Fill balloons with messages of love, gratitude and appreciation. They will enjoy popping the balloons to read your message. Another option is to place all the love notes in a hand-decorated jar.
- Connect: Suggest one-on-one time with the friend or family member, i.e., taking a walk; having non-technology time together; enjoying an activity you both share a passion.
- Thankful Note: Write a letter that includes why you are thankful for your colleague. Written notes are powerful as they are not used frequently, and they can be revisited whenever the reader needs a lift.
- Invitation: Invite your co-workers for a holiday scavenger hunt or a cup of hot chocolate. Find a festive location for the hunt and enjoy in fun together making memories.
- Appreciation: Decorate your co-worker’s cubicle or desk with stickie notes of all the reasons you appreciate their efforts.
- Content: Ask your team members or manager to be a part of a round-up article or blog to help them market their talents.